Slade...what a crack up!!! He keeps us continually entertained. As far as drama goes...he is the "Drama Queen" of the family. When he is happy his face shows more facial expressions than any drama club could conjure up. When he is angry/upset he has enough to walk Hollywood's red carpet. The pictures are just a small sampling.
He was not happy about us moving. He wanted himself and his dad to be "farm boys not Mr. Appliance." Now he doesn't think it is so bad since he sees his Dad more often. He is a daddy's boy and will make sure I know it, unless of course, he is sad or hurt and then he knows who to go to.

Because of his personality, people are surprised to find out what a chicken he is. He likes the horses just as long as he is watching them from the safety of the house or a vehicle. He doesn't like to ride rides, or swing unless it is a slow, small, 5 degree movement. He didn't like to go outside by himself until he was 3 1/2 because of our dog (that we have had his whole life). When he was 2 he was scared of our cat, especially if it started that vicious purring thing and tried to rub against his leg. He was sure it was ready to attack. You know how those vicious purring cats can get.
He doesn't like to watch much TV except the PBS show "Super Why." I think it has something to do with the little boy being named Wyatt. His special buddy/favorite cousin is Wyatt. I think that may have been one of the reasons we had to move up here. I'm not sure they could have made it through their childhood without each other.
Slade brings a lot of joy (and drama) to our family. He just adds another great dynamic to our family. We need him in our family and I guess we need the drama that comes with him because he sure keeps things popping around here. If his facial expressions don't say it all, he will vocally express his feelings to fill in the cracks. From here on out I think our parenting skills are going to be put to the test. Heaven took it easy on us with the first half of our kids but the next half will give us a run for our money. But that's okay, I need to get in shape and I feel blessed to have each one. I know that I need each of them to help me get to heaven. Some us need more help than others, and Heaven knows....I need all the help I can get!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment