Tonight was family night and our activity was to get Jaxxon and Isaac's cars ready for the pinewood derby tomorrow. Ashlan enjoys a good craft every once in a while so as she watched them painting she said, "They should have girls do somethings like this except, maybe......design a shoe or something." Wow, whose child is this!?! She doesn't get that from me.
Looking back, I should have known that chaos was coming after I had Ashlan. She was such an easy baby. She slept through the night at 6 weeks, but even better than that she slept from 8pm to 8 am. It was HEAVEN!!! She still is a little peice of heaven in our home. She is a very willing to help, she doesn't complain. She always is happy and positive. I know that I could have never had all these kids if I didn't have someone so responsible and trustworthy to keep the boys whipped into shape.
Ashlan loves her siblings and is very good to them. She is always involving them by reading them a book, playing a game, making up a dance, or making a video. She keeps them laughing. She is a bit of a clutz, like her mother, but so far has avoided any serious incident.
Ashlan is a little bit of a worry wart with a hint of OCD. She is very smart and is constantly studying and reading. I had an appointment with her school counselor to lay out her schedule for next year (9th). The counselor hadn't looked at her GPA and asked, What awards have you won...have you been on the Honor Roll, the Principals List, etc? Ashlan shook her head no. I started laughing. The counselor asked what her GPA was, Ashlan said, "4.0." The counselor said, "we will put you down for the Humble Award." She is very humble. She has many, many friends and is always concerned about not wanting to hurt anyones feelings. She isn't afraid to stand up for those that might be labeled "different" and has been teased for doing so.
Ashlan was followed by four brothers...hence her title, "THE RED FLAG." Later followed 2 sisters, that are going to teach us what girls are really all about. Ashlan loves her sisters and is a great example for them. She is very loving and makes sure she tells all of her siblings "goodnight, have a good sleep, love you", before she goes to bed. So to wrap Ashlan's entry up, I am just blessed to have her and..."I see who I want to be, in my daughter's eyes."
No comments:
Post a Comment