Malaree is the little sister that Ashlan waited for years for. We didn't find out what we were having when I was pregnant with her because I was sick of having people react with the same sad, sympathetic response when we told them it was another boy. It was a fun surprise!!!
She has been a real delight to our family. We all had a hard time changing to "she/her." She is a bit spoiled but all of the credit does not go to me. All the kids spoil her and of course the dad is wrapped around her finger. The brothers were really smitten with her and would always give her what she wanted. We are all paying for it now that she is two. Heavenly Father was very wise when he gave us her little sister MarKae. Now she can learn to share, because the boys really didn't care to play with many of her toys.
Malaree loves her big sister Ashlan. I hope some of Ashlan's great qualities will rub off on her. Malaree is quite a stubborn little girl (yes, like her mother). She has challenged every parenting technique that I have ever used with the others. Though she is a challenge at times, she is also a sweetheart. She LOVES princesses, and thinks that everything that is purple or pink is hers. She is difficult to dress sometimes because she thinks that all she can wear is purple or pink.
My mom came and watched the kids while I ran some errands. She brought a huge jackpot of fun stuff for the kids to do and play. There were several different colors of play-doh in several different shades of each color. Malaree started gathering up all the pink and purple's and made a snowman with "attitude" as she called it. Believe me, she would know about attitude!
Well, we were grateful to get another taste of girlhood around our house when Malaree came to our family. We are so lucky/blessed to have this sweet little girl that brings so much light into our lives. There is nothing like the opportunity of being able to take a glimpse of life through a child's eyes. They have a lot of vision. I am grateful for the chance Heaven took in letting me be Malaree's mommy. She is our little princess!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment