Sunday, February 28, 2010

McKade's Birthday

I am playing catch up with some birthdays that I have left out. I am a slacker. McKade looked forward to his birthday. He counted the days. He was so patient with us and waited until Glen to get home from work before he opened his presents.

McKade is our BRAINIAC!!! He hungers for learning. His school is a great place for him. McKade is in 1st grade. They challenge them on an individual level. He came home at the first of the school and reported that he had a test coming up on Mesopotamia. My 16 year old said, "What? I am just learning about that in 10th grade." Since then he has had tests on World Religions (Islam, Judaism, and Christianity), the Ice Age, the American revolution, body systems (circulatory, nervous, skeletal, digestive, and muscular), and the three states of matter (solid, liquid, and gas) informing me that in solids the atoms are tight together, in liquids they are spaced further, and in gas they are WAY far. Okay people, did I mention that this is 1st grade? I think I learned all this stuff in high school or beyond.

McKade is a special part of our family. He teaches us a lot. His prayers are so sweet and heartfelt. He is a GREAT little boy that brings a lot of joy to our home.

1 comment:

  1. Happy b-day !!!!!! You sure are a smarty pants. Wish I had your brain. Love your former primary teacher

    ReplyDelete