Saturday, September 12, 2009

GOOD and CRAZY, I will take it!!!

I never thought I would be soooo looking forward to having my teenager drive, but let me give you a glimpse into one of my crazy days last week. The day starts as usual with laundry, dishes, bathing the girls, feeding the baby, naps, lunch, etc. At 2:52 four of the kids get out of school and I go and pick them up. This is when the chaos begins...on the way home our days strategy is planned. They enter the house leaving a literal path of paraphernalia ... from the door to the refrigerator. After the after school snack we immediately start homework, reading, and piano until 3:40 when Jaxxon needs to get ready for Scouts at 4:00. I take Jaxxon to Scouts and refer back to our days strategy as I remind him he has flag football, and a baseball game. I return home and continue with homework. At 5:00 it is time for Jaxxon's flag football and at 5:30 is Slade's LAST t-ball game that we have to coach. At 6:00 Isaac's football practice starts, at 6:30 Jaxxon's flag football ends as does the t-ball game, I have a 20 minute break until Jaxxon's baseball game at 7:00 so I go get gas (the light has been on for who knows how long), a drink, and the kids a snack as they have not yet had dinner. We return to the days strategy and watch a relaxing 30 minutes of baseball until it is time to load the kids and go get Tyson to driving school. We get back to the game at 8:00 and watch for another 15 minutes until we have to ask the coach if we can take Jaxxon because I have 3 football players that were waiting for me to pick them up 15 minutes ago. REMINDER...We don't live in Flowell anymore so I can't leave kids waiting alone!! So, Jaxxon leaves the game in the last half of the last inning and we rush to pick up the football players. The coach is waiting for me and another players parent who is later than I am. We finally get back home a little before 9:00 o'clock. We have a nutritious dinner consisting of pancakes, nothing else, just pancakes!!! We finish homework, feed baby, get baby to bed, get kids to bed, and then at 10:00 it is time to pick Tyson up from driving school. Now the day is almost complete. I still haven't eaten dinner, I still have that path from the doorway to the fridge and a kitchen that needs picked up and dishes loaded BUT...I am dead tired and unfortunately it will all wait until tomorrow! I am going to bed!!! Aahhh, tomorrow we start this routine all over again. I love this CRAZY life of mine!!!



P.S. Some of you might be wondering what Glen was doing through all this chaos. He helped where he could, however, he got home from work and had to go to a meeting. His day wasn't any shorter than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment