Sunday, July 5, 2009

Airing my dirty laundry!?!


Gone are the days of doing laundry once a week. I have to do about 4 loads a day, or should I say WE. This is a family affair. The young kids love the matching game that comes with sorting the colors as well as pushing the buttons, putting the soap in, pushing the wet clothes into the dryer, finding matching socks, and folding wash cloths. As they get older they learn to transfer and fold loads. My kids are some of those unfortunate children that are required to do chores. In order to have a "HOUSE OF ORDER" with eight kids, there must be some sort of system set in place. Ours is broken up into "ZONES" that rotate weekly. Laundry Assistant is part of one of the zones. They will help me transfer loads but everyone helps fold (when they are home). As you could probably guess, some weeks are a little more helpful than others. I won't mention any names. Well, our laundry has been aired, how about yours?

3 comments:

  1. Okay Sara... I am officially impressed! Laundry at my house is no more "a family affair" than going to the bathroom is (Sorry... gross! Just trying to get my point across).

    You're a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I guess I shouldn't complain about my laundry anymore! Mackay and Mals do their own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although we only have a family of 3 laundry is a family affair also! I do the sorting, washing and drying and Chris does the folding...which I must confess is my least favorite part of the job. We will get Avery in on the action as soon as she can sit up by herself! LOL!

    ReplyDelete