Friday, May 8, 2009

SARA--I'm just the mom!!!

Just hangin' out on the Flowell farm!!!


House spotless, laundry done, kids in bed.
Just lounging around with nothing to do.
There are about 8 reasons for using these pictures rather than my own. The reasons are, starting from the top, Tyson, Ashlan, Isaac, Jaxxon, McKade, Slade, Malaree, and MarKae. My body is in a state of ...post8thbabytryingtolosetheweight!!! These shots were pretty close to my own. Well actually, I don't really have many pictures of me except for those dreaded post baby delivery photos. If I were to construct a scrapbook for myself it might give you the impression that I have spent the last 16 years in the maternity ward of the hospital. There is a little more to my life however, as most of you know, the mother usually ends up on the other side of the camera.

I often have people say things to me when I am out about with my kids. I have pondered some of the comments and this is a summary of the comments and my reality.
FIRST Comment-- "You have eight kids, you must be sooo patient."
REALITY--N0000, having 8 kids doesn't necessitate being patient, just insanity. In my case I have been blessed with eight kids due to my lack of patients. HE gives these kids to help me LEARN patience. Some of the most patient people I know are those that have endured disappointment month after month, wanting a child, or another to add to their family. This is what I call PATIENCE!!!
This leads me to my next comment...
NEXT Comment--"OH, you deserve it!"
REALITY-- This could be taken one of two ways. I choose to take it positively but who really DESERVES kids. I know a lot of people that DESERVE to have children, or more children but God seems to have another plan. I TRY to be deserving of my children but I know that having 8 kids does NOT make me more deserving than those that have less.
ANOTHER Comment--"Are you done yet."
REALITY-- Somewhere between number 3-8 the dynamics of the conversation changes. People no longer ask, "When are you due?" or "Is it a boy or girl?" They simply don't care anymore. They just want to know, "Are you done NOW?" It always leaves me to wonder...is it my swollen ankles, and the puffing face, or the weight that keeps fluctuating like Utah's spring weather forecast. Whatever the reason the answer remains the same...Done with what?
FINAL Comment (My personal favorite)--"You don't look like you could have 8 kids."
REALITY--I always enjoyed this comment until it crossed my mind that maybe they are expecting a women who has only a few hairs left after pulling her hair out, or a lady with a rhythmic twitch erupting from her body, or perhaps they are just shocked that I have actually made it out of the house showered, hair fixed (ponytail?), and make-up on before 3 pm (believe me it is a real feat).
My life is not all that interesting but it's my life and I am learning to treasure the little moments and find joy in MY journey. There are days that I look at others and covet their journey, feeling like mine is so insignificant. I feel like I can't contribute/serve a lot outside of my own home. My solution for this is to make the most out of my trips to the store...help that pregnant lady load her groceries, get the cart for that lady with her arm strapped to her body, smile at the people I pass by...my contributions may be small but I know they make a difference. The difference is in ME! I feel better and out of "small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise." I am soooo blessed. Not just because I have 8 kids or the greatest husband, I am blessed with a life full of the knowledge that gives my life purpose and direction. I have been blessed with a life beyond my wildest dreams. It is true that Heavenly Father has a dream for each of us and that dream is beyond the greatest dreams we can hope for ourselves. Let's just hope I can make it through those days that seem more like a nightmare by focusing on MY dream ...not somebody elses.
(Right now I am coveting those beautiful bloggers, I am sorry this blog is such a mess. I can't figure out what I did and I can't get it to keep my spacing between paragraphs. If you made it to this point understanding anything.... CONGRATULATIONS!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment