Saturday, October 17, 2009

BORED!!!

I love the new crisp air of autumn, with its beautiful colors and milder temperatures. I love this time of year! However, this year I am feeling a little anxious. As the temperature changes I wonder if I am ready for what is to come. I know from experience that with this weather change comes flu, illness, and the most devastating for my children...BOREDOM. They would much rather be sick than bored. I have to say, there are times that I would rather them be sick, not seriously, just enough to keep them laying on the couch. This ensures that their messes are within arms reach and centrally located.




"MOM, I AM BORED!!!" I hear this echo in my ears. Their boredom always seems to be MY fault and requires MY immediate attention. During the summer months their creative juices are flowing. They live outside. Pictured here is one of their creations, a result of their boredom. I love to see them working together, having fun. Then comes the cold weather and with it the creative pipes freeze. "There is nothing to do in the house", "that's no fun", "what should we do now?" this echoes through the halls.


Maybe it is just a boy thing? I wonder what girls do when they get bored? I think I am about to find out!?!

1 comment:

  1. Sara I am so sad to see that there are no cowboyboots and wraglers in your family pictures. Have you become cityfied (as Jordan would say it). Really I'm just kidding you. You guys look so cute.

    ReplyDelete